Ramanagara, Bidadi, Karnataka, April 27: Self-styled godman Nityananda, who is facing criminal cases, was declared 293rd pontiff of “Madurai Aadheenam”, an ancient Hindu religious organisation, at Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam in Bidadi in the district.
He was declared the 293rd pontiff by Arunagirinatha Sri Gnanasambanda Desika Paramacharya Swamigal, the 292nd pontiff of the Aadheenam.
“We hereby coronate him with the title His Holiness the 293rd Guru Maha Sannidhanam Srilasri Paramahamsa Nithyananda Sri Gnanasambanda Desika Paramacharya Swamigal”, he told reporters.
He also declared Nithyananda as his lawful success for to deal with all movable and immovable properties of the Adheenam, which includes over 1250 acres of land, several temples and properties in India and abroad.
The Madurai Aadheenam has existed since time immemorial. However, it was revived around 1500 years ago by Tirujnana Sambandar, one of the four visionary saints of South Indian Shaiva Siddhanta philosophy.
The Aadheenam’s history dates to the Tamil Sangam period. The presiding deities of Madurai are Shiva and Devi in their incarnations as Chokkanathar and Meenakshi, enshrined in the famous Madurai Meenakshi-Sundareshwara temple.
Nithyananda vowed to fulfil all responsibilities of the Aadheenam, revive the Shaiva tradition and also make the Aadheenam an international religious organisation.
Nityananda had landed in controversy after a video footage showing him in a compromising position with an actress was telecast by local TV channels in March 2010.
He was arrested on April 21, 2010 from Solan in Himachal Pradesh. He was granted bail on June 11, 2010 by Karnataka High Court. – OneIndia, 27 April 2012
Nithyananda to head world’s most ancient Hindu organization
Los Angeles, CA, April 27, 2012: At the press meet [at Nithyananda Dhyanapeetam in Bidadi, Karnataka], which was marked by a mood of celebration, the current pontiff read out the affidavit declaring that “We hereby declare, nominate, enthrone, coronate and appoint Paramahamsa Nithyananda as 293rd Guru Maha Sannidhanam of Madurai Aadheenam, also called as Tirugnanasambanda Swamigal Adheenam. We hereby coronate with the title His Holiness the 293rd Guru Maha Sannidhanam Srila Sri Paramahamsa Nithyananda Sri Gnanasambanda Desika Paramacharya Swamigal”.
The current pontiff declared His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda as “my lawful successor, descendant and inheritor of Madurai Adheenam, Tirugnanasambanda Swamigal Adheenam, having all the powers, duties, obligations, ritual and customary rights that is being performed, enjoyed, vested in the Madurai Aadheenam.” He also declared His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda as “my lawful successor to deal with all the movable and immovable properties of the Tirugnanasambanda Swamigal Adheenam”, including over 1250 acres of land, several temples and properties owned by the Aadheenam in India and abroad.
The legendary Madurai Aadheenam has existed since time immemorial. However, it was revived around 1500 years ago by the young enlightened incarnation Tirujnana Sambandar, one of the four visionary saints of South Indian Shaiva Siddhanta philosophy. The Aadheenam is established in Madurai, one of the oldest cities of India with a history dating all the way back to Tamil Sangam period. The presiding deities of Madurai are Shiva and Devi in their incarnations as Chokkanathar and Meenakshi, enshrined in the world-famous Madurai Meenakshi-Sundareshwara temple.
According to the rules and regulations of the Madurai Aadheenam, only hereditary Saiva Vellalars (the caste community to which His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda belongs) are selected as the pontiffs of this ancient and premier religious institution.
The pontiff of the Madurai Aadheenam is known by the title ‘Guru Maha Sannidhanam’ and inherits great responsibility in carrying forward the traditions of Tirujnana Sambandar’s sacred work. The spiritual services offered by Madurai Aadheenam are well-known throughout India.
According to Shaiva Siddhanta philosophy, everything is preordained according to the judgment of Lord Shiva. Referring to His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda as ‘a noble gift of Lord Shiva’ and ‘the avatar of saint Tirujnana Sambandhar’, the current pontiff declared His Holiness Nithyananda as the ambassador to the Almighty, appointed by the eternal Government of Lord Shiva.
There is no tenure for this position and it is a lifetime honor.
Accepting the sacred honor, His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda said, “With all humbleness for divine grace I hereby declare that I accept the responsibility given to me as the 293rd Guru Maha Sannidhanam of Madurai Aadheenam. I vow, keeping Chokkanathar and Meenakshi and Jnanasambandhar as witness, we will fulfill all the responsibilities of Madurai Aadheenam, making the Shaiva tradition revived and celebrated all over the world. I also commit to Madurai Aadheenam Guru Maha Sannidhanam, that we will make Madurai Aadheenam as an international religious organization.”
His Holiness Paramahamsa Nithyananda made an offering of 1 crore (10 million) Indian Rupees towards Madurai Aadheenam’s spiritual activities. He also announced the upcoming kumbhabhishekam of the Madurai Meenakshi temple and inaugurated the daily annadaanam (which is the traditional service of free satvic meals for all visitors) at Madurai Aadheenam, starting today. – San Francisco Chronicle, Los Angeles, 27 April 2012
Warning: This video could be taken off YouTube at any time. Viewers who wish to keep it as a reference should download it now. Go to KEEPVID and enter the video URL in the download field. No application is needed. It is all done on-line.
All videos concerning the Nithyananda sex scandal can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nithyananda+ranjitha+videos&aq=1&oq=nithyananda+ranjitha
- “Nithyananda insulting judiciary, Hinduism” – Hindu Makkal Katchi https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2011/07/18/nithyananda-insulting-judiciary-hinduism-hindu-makkal-katchi/
- CID charges Nithyananda with rape, sodomy, cheating, conspiracy, and criminal intimidation – Media Reports https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/11/30/cid-charges-nithyananda-with-rape-sodomy-cheating-conspiracy-and-criminal-intimidation-media-reports/
- Nithyananda-Ranjitha sex tape not tampered – CID https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/06/10/nithyananda-ranjitha-sex-tape-not-tampered-cbi/
- Nithy arrested in Himachal Pradesh – Media Reports https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/04/21/tantrika-nityananda-arrested-in-himachal-pradesh-media-reports/
- Sex, lies, a feature film, Nithy & Ranjitha – Kunal M. Shah https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/04/06/sex-lies-a-feature-film-nithy-and-ranjitha-kunal-m-shah/
- Nithy resigns from ashram and associated trusts – Media Reports https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/nithy-resigns-from-ashram-trusts-
- Nithy’s Defence Team: Sexist, Racist, and Xenophobic – Ishwar Sharan https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/04/05/hindu-activists-sexist-racist-xenophobic-ishwar-sharan/
- The Nithyananda Mea Culpa Interview? – Rajiv Malhotra https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/03/13/video-the-nityananda-mea-culpa-interview-rajiv-malhotra/
- Debutante Dharma-Gurus: Violating a civilizational patent – Sandhya Jain https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/debutante-dharma-gurus-violating-a-civilisational-patent-sandhya-jain/
- Nithyananda videos: A testing time for Hindus – Radha Rajan https://bharatabharati.wordpress.com/2010/03/05/nityananda-videos-a-testing-time-for-hindus-radha-rajan/
- All videos available at http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nithyananda+ranjitha+videos&aq=1&oq=nithyananda+ranjitha
Filed under: acharya, ashrams, corruption, culture, ethics, godman, hindu, india, legitimizing power, media, newspaper, religion, sadhus, sanatana dharma, sanyasi, sex scandal, shiva, tamil nadu, temples, tiruvannamalai, tv Tagged: | madurai aadheenam, nithyananda, nithyananda sex scandal, paramacharya swamigal, paramahamsa nithyananda, ranjitha, sex video